1 1/2 cups of flour
3 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of condensed milk
1 teaspoon of baking powder

Heat oven to 375 degrees
Butter the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan.
Take some of that 1 cup of sugar to cover the bottom and sides of the pan.
Mix all of the ingredients (in the order listed) in a mixer.
Pour mixture into cake pan (note: this will rise!)
Bake for an hour, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

This sounds delicious. Do you serve it plain or with fruit topping?

I thought so as well, any dessert with sugar, butter eggs and cream cheese has got to be good. I think they serve it plain in the restaurant, but I suspect if you requested a topping they would gladly charge you another dollar. I think a topping would be great even if just a little whipped cream.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of a strawberry sauce which chopped berries. I am definitely going to make this cake. It sound decadent.

Yes that should be yummy, wish I could enjoy some with you.

That would be nice.

Damn!!! I made this cake today. It is beyond scrumptious. I didn’t have strawberries, so just had it plain, if you can call this delicious cake plain. I don’t think I would bother with any topping for it. I am thinking of making it for one of my Thanksgiving desserts.

Super, then this should be one my wife gives 2 thumbs up. You have gotten my attention so I am going to make it today.

I was curious so I googled and it appears they do serve it with a scope of french vanilla. It looks as it was made in a ramekin which would be nice for individual servings in a restaurant. I assume you used the 9 inch pan. That is what I am going to use.

I used my spring form pan, which is 10 inches and it was perfect. A couple of friends tasted it and agreed it was scrumptious, although one said it could do with a little less sugar. I disagree.

I find this worth trying, evendough I’m a novice in cakes and desserts!!:grin:

It’s not a tricky recipe to follow, just take it step by step and it will turn out delicious. You can do it.