6 red apples
6 wooden lollypop sticks
1 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 dash vanilla extract
- Wash and dry apples.
- Remove stems and replac with stick stuck halfway into apple.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, and water in deep saucepan.
- Stir and cook over medium heat unti thoroughly dissolved and mixture boils.
- Then cook, without stirring to soft crack stage.
- Remove from heat; add extract and stir only enough to mix.
- Place pan over boiling water keep syrup from thickening.
- Then, dip apples and wind in a circular motion until thoroughly covered with syrup.
- Place on buttered pan with sticks upright and cool.