Caraway Quick Bread

Hello, has anyone a recipe for Caraway Quick Bread? I love caraway seeds, and many, many years ago had a nice easy recipe for Caraway Bread. I didn’t make it often because most folks don’t care for caraway seeds. I have lost my recipe over the years and am searching for it. Do you happen to have one or know where I can find one. I have searched the internet high and low.

NanPar47 - Welcome to RSN!

Please tell me - is it a rye bread recipe or just the caraway bread? - I have many to share with you.

We have a rule here at RSN - in order to request a recipe you must first post a recipe (so that we can all enjoy it!) or answer another’s request.

Please feel free to share one of your favorites with us - and I will go through my disks and post your reqest for you!

Once again welcome - and we hop you enjoy our site as much as we do!

Kitchen Witch

Hello KitchenWitch and thank you for the welcome note.

I am looking for a Caraway Quick Loaf that is more for a dessert kind of thing. I had a great recipe many years ago but somehow I have lost it and having a devil of a time finding another similiar recipe.

It would be great if someone has one in their recipe files.

Thanks again,

Nancy

You’re welcomed Nancy - but I will dig through all my recipes to see if I have that one for you! KW

CARAWAY QUICK BREAD

2 teaspoons caraway seeds
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or use all-purpose flour)
1 cup rye flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup buttermilk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.

Toast the caraway seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-high heat for 2 or 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer to a small plate to cool; set aside.

Combine the flours with the baking powder, baking soda, toasted caraway seeds and salt in a medium mixing bowl.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, honey and buttermilk. Stir liquid ingredients into flour mixture until just blended. Do not overmix; the batter will be lumpy. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake 40-45 minutes until top springs back when touched lightly. Cool slightly in the pan, cut into wedges and serve warm, if desired.

This bread is especially good warm. To reheat later, wrap a wedge loosely in a paper towel and microwave on half heat for 20-30 seconds.

Good evening KW; this looks so good, I will give it a try. It isn’t the one I was looking for but it looks delicious. Thanks for all your efforts, I do appreciate your taking time to look. ;o)

I haven’t given up yet - I still have disks to go through!