This tasty bread is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, thanks to the small amount of oil and egg used.
1-1/2 C sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 egg, beaten
1/2 C water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 C finely shredded carrots
1/4 C chopped pecans
1/4 C golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350Âº F. Lightly oil a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
Yield: One loaf–Serving Size: 1/2-inch slice
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 97 mg