Casserole of Rabbit with Artichokes and Black Olives
(Makes 2 Servings)
1 cup rounds of potatoes
2 cups artichoke hearts cooked and quartered
Two cups rabbit loin, boneless and cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and white pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, cut into quarters
1 tbs. butter
1/2 cup veal reduction stock or chicken stock
1 rosemary sprig, minced
1/4 cup Ligurian black olives pitted
- Blanch the potatoes and then artichoke hearts in boiling water and set aside.
- In a skillet, sear the rabbit with the oil until crispy.
- In the same pan, sauté the potatoes with a tablespoon of butter and artichoke bottoms.
- Add the veal stock. Turn up the heat to high and add the rosemary and remaining butter.
- Reduce for 5 minutes…add the olives. Put it together by placing the cooked rabbit on a serving plate with its sauce and its vegetables.