Sandwiches are a staple for most of us, but it’s easy to get in a rut, making or ordering the same old thing. Why not break out of the boring routine with a Southern-style Po’ boy stuffed with crispy-coated U.S. farm-raised catfish and all the trimmings? In less than 10 minutes, this world-class sandwich is ready to enjoy.
Once you’re hooked on the mild, sweet flavor and convenience of U.S. farm-raised catfish, you’ll want to keep a good thing going. Also try this versatile fish grilled or broiled with Cajun-style or jerk seasonings, in tacos and in chowder.
Enjoy Your Best Health Ever! PLUS…
Get Incredible Mental Focus and Potentially
Add Years to Your Life! with The AIP Diet
Catfish Po’ Boys
(Yield: 4 portions)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 4-inch long rolls, split or 8 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 8 jarred roasted red pepper halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 thin slices provolone cheese
- In separate shallow bowls, place egg and breadcrumbs. Dip each catfish fillet into egg, then coat in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the fillets, a few at a time, until golden brown and opaque in the center, 3 to 4 minutes on each side; drain on paper towels.
- Spread cut sides of the rolls with pesto. On bottoms of rolls, layer roasted red peppers, lettuce leaves and provolone; top each with a catfish fillet. Place roll tops on fish.
Until Next Time… Be Well!