Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
4 Servings, two potato halves each
Baking potato 4 large
Lowfat cottage cheese 7/8 cup
Whole milk 2 tablespoons
Onion, minced 2 tablespoons
Paprika 1/4 teaspoon
CONVENTIONAL COOKING TIME: 30 TO 45 MINUTES
MICROWAVE COOKING TIME: 5 TO 10 MINUTES
- Scrub potatoes and bake
- Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
- Place potatoes in oven and bake until tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Pierce potatoes by using fork prongs.
- Cover potatoes with waxed paper. Heat on high until tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
TO STUFF POTATOES:
- Slice each potato in half, lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/4 inch thick shells, saving pulp.
- Blend cheese, milk, and onion. Add potato pulp; mix until light and fluffy.
- Fill potato halves with mixture. Sprinkle paprika over potatoes.
Note: Return to oven or microwave to reheat, for a few minutes, if desired.