Cheeseburger Baked Potatoes
Yield: 8 servings
2 lb Extra lean ground beef 2 Large clove garlic, minced or pressed 2 tb Vegetable oil Salt and pepper to taste 8 Large baking potatoes 2/3 c Hot milk 4 tb Butter or margarine, soft 2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese Chopped parsley ot paprika, for garnish, optional
- Crumble beef. Heat garlic and oil in skillet. Add the beef. Cook
over medium to low heat untul browned. Add salt and pepper.
- Scrub the potatoes, pierce them.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Cut a thin slice from top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving
a 1/4-inch shell. Place pulp in medium mixing bowl.
- Arrange shells on a baking pan.
- Add milk and butter to potato pulp. Whip until smooth and fluffy.
Stir in half the cheese. Turn into pastry bag with fancy tip, if
- Fill potatoes with cooked ground beef. Press potato
mixture decoratively over the meat or spoon over meat with teaspoon.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F until cheese
- Sprinkle with parsley or paprika, if desired and serve
Tips: These stuffed potatoes may be prepared ahead and refrigerated.
If the potatoes are chilled, reheat at 350 degrees F for about 20
minutes or until heated through.
Good served with: Green salad, coleslaw or cauliflower salad, whole
wheat bread and apple pie for dessert.