Cheesecake Recipe from 1980's

I once had a copy of NEW YORK TIMES article/recipe for a flourless cheesecake.
It was published around 1985 ish…it was an article for the perfect cheesecake…I even think it mentioned Lindy’s…plz help me locate article…:slight_smile:

The Lindy’s recipes all call for flour.

I have tons of recipes for cheesecakes - with and without flour - so I am assuming you cannot have flour -???

will this help at all?

Crust and Topping:
1-1/3 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter

Filling:
2 eggs, well-beaten
16 ounces softened cream cheese (not whipped)
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups sour cream

Mix crust ingredients and press into a 9-inch pie pan, reserving 3 tablespoons of the crumb mixture to sprinkle on top.

Combine all filling ingredients except the sour cream, beating until smooth. Fold in the sour cream by hand. Pour into the crust. Sprinkle with topping.

Bake at 375 degrees F until set, about 35 minutes. Cool and chill about 4 to 5 hours.

Crust:
12 double graham crackers, crushed
1/2 C. butter, melted
Sugar and cinnamon, to taste

Filling:
8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 C. powdered sugar
1 C. whipping cream, whipped
1 tsp. lemon extract]

Topping:
1 can fruit filling (your choice), fresh fruit or any topping of your choice
Directions

For crust, blend crackers, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Pat into pie tin. 

For filling, mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon extract. Fold in whipped cream. Pour mixture onto graham cracker crust, refrigerate. Just before serving, add topping. 

Thank you…I am closer to what I am looking for…the recipe did have an equal amount of cc and sour cream…and you left it in oven over night to keep it at maximum heigth…

forgive me - but that part bothers me - leaving a cheesecake that has cream cheese and sour cream in an oven all night long - with bacteria growth that is something I would not chance - I wouldn’t care about the height - I’ve got this thing about food temps, food storage, etc.