Chicken Mozzarella Bake

4 chicken breast, boneless salt pepper garlic powder 1 T. olive oil 1 T. butter 8 oz. sliced mushrooms 1 T. butter 3 T. white wine or chicken broth 1 tomato, sliced thin 4 green onions, sliced 8 oz. sliced mozzarella cheese

Pound breast until thined out. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides. Brown breast in skillet with olive oil and 1 T. butter. In another skillet melt 1 T. butter with wine and saute mushrooms until tender. Put chicken in baking dish pour mushrooms over chicken and top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until chicken is tender.

Will serve with rice, oriental vegetables cooked in a little soy sauce and rolls and blackberry cobbler for dessert…

This sounds yummy . . . do you think I could mix this all with penne pasta???

Well, I did mix it all up and mixed it with penne pasta and didn’t bake it, but did layer it and put mozzarella cheese and put parmesan cheese on each layer. I also chopped up the chicken into cubes and put a can of drained diced tomatoes in also.

Tasted great . . . the wine flavor came through deliciously!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the recipe.

Glad you liked it. This was the first time I had tried it and it was a hit at our house too. I am going to try your idea of cutting up the chicken and mixing it with the noodles next time we have a potluck to go to.

That really worked out nicely . . . it was really good . . . thanks again.