chicken spagetti

Anyone out there with a good chicken spagetti recipe?

There are many different recipes for this. I will post a few. Like any recipe, you can add/omit items and adjust seasonings to taste.

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe with Beer
Chicken spaghetti baked with a chili style sauce.

* 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked just until tender
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 to 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or butter
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 4 to 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
* 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
* 3 cloves garlic, 
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1 tablespoon flour
* 1 1/2 cups beer or unsalted chicken stock
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes or tomatoes with green chiles
* 1/4 cup chili sauce
* 3/4 cup half and half
* 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
* 3 to 4 cups chicken; cooked, cut up
* 1 small jar (2 ounces) chopped pimiento, drained
* 8 ounces (2 cups) Cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a large baking dish. In a bowl, toss the spaghetti with the butter, and set it aside. Warm the bacon drippings in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder together until the vegetables are well softened, about 15 minutes.

Cover the skillet if the mixture appears to be getting dry. Sprinkle in the flour, stirring to incorporate it, and add the beer or stock, the tomatoes, and the chili sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook the sauce for 30 minutes, until it has thickened slightly and reduced a bit. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the half and half and parsley. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti, and toss well.

Layer half the spaghetti and sauce mixture in the baking dish. Top with half each of the chicken, olives, and cheese. Add the other half of the spaghetti, and top with the remaining chicken, olives, and cheese. (The casserole can be assembled ahead to this point, covered, and refrigerated overnight. Remove it from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking it).

Bake the casserole 25 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the sauce bubbles around the edges. Serve

Chicken Spaghetti
Chicken spaghetti with chicken breasts, tomatoes, and cheese.

* 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 can chicken broth
* 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
* 1 small jar pimientos
* 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed or shredded
* 12 ounce package linguine noodles
* salt and pepper to taste

Boil linguine until done. Mix together soup, broth, tomatoes, pimientos. Layer in a baking dish: linguine, chopped chicken, soup mixture. Cover with the cheese and bake at 350° until cheese is melted.

Stir mixture before serving and add salt and pepper to taste.

Chicken Spaghetti
Chicken spaghetti with chicken breasts, tomatoes, and mushrooms.

* 4 to 6 chicken breasts, or about 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
* 1 large can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* Tabasco sauce, to taste
* 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* salt
* pepper
* 1/2 to 1 cup sliced ripe olives
* 1 cup reserved broth
* 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

Cook chicken in salted water for approximately 25 minutes. Reserve broth. Cool chicken; remove skin and bones; chop chicken. Reserve 2 cups broth, strain and skim. In large skillet, brown celery, onion, mushrooms and pepper in oil.

Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1 cup broth, chili powder, Tabasco sauce, Worcesteshire sauce, salt, and pepper and chicken and simmer for 30 minutes. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, replacing part of the water with the reserved chicken broth. Combine hot cooked and drained spaghetti with chicken mixture and cheese in large baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly. If refrigerated before cooking, additional time must be allowed.

Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
A baked chicken spaghetti casserole recipe.

* 1 large hen, cut up, about 5 pounds
* 1 package (8 ounces) thin spaghetti
* 2 medium onions, chopped
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon cumin powder
* 3 cups chicken stock
* salt -- to taste
* American cheese (Velveeta or similar easy-melting cheese) shredded

Cook chicken in water until tender; cool and save 3 cups of the broth. In a large skillet in oil, cook onion until tender. Cook spaghetti as directed on package. Skin and bone chicken; cut in large pieces and mix with cooked spaghetti.

Add onion, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, reserved broth and salt. Mix together and put in casserole dish. Bake 2 hours, covered. Uncover; top with shredded American cheese and continue baking until cheese is melted.

The above recipes are from my files -

when I make this I use cooked chicken (or turkey or beef or pork), combined with spaghetti or fettucini, with onions, peppers, celery and mushrooms; mixed with canned tomatoes (I vary from time to time with different tomatoes and/or tomato sauce). Sometimes I have used diced fresh tomatoes or have left them out, and a creamed soup instead of canned tomatoes with juice or tomato sauce. I have even used a white sauce or a marinara sauce. Seasonings are salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder, etc. I use broth or bouillon for additional liquid when needed.
For cheeses - I vary or use a combination; I’ve used mozzarella, provolone, Asiago, extra sharp white cheddar, fontina, swiss - whatever I have on hand.
To me it’s a “toss together” casserole and I don’t measure - I just eyeball it.
It can be made ahead, refrigerated and heated later. I have even done this in the crockpot.
It’s a great dish for any kind of leftover meats - but it wouldn’t be CHICKEN Spaghetti then!

This is how my mother used to make it when I was young. Use whatever amounts you like.

Use chicken wings (whole) or thighs
Chopped celery
Chopped green pepper
Chopped onion
Chopped garlic
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 large can tomato juice
1 small can tomato paste

In Dutch oven or large pot, brown chicken in a little olive oil until brown on both sides (sprinkled with salt and pepper). When you turn the chicken to brown on other side, add the onions, celery and green pepper. Then add garlic a minute or two before you add a can of tomato juice. Add tomato paste. Let simmer for about 2 hours. Stir, occasionally, carefully so that you don’t break up the chicken too much. You can also add other spices to your liking.

Using this method, you don’t add any chicken broth because the chicken finishes cooking in the tomato juice which adds a lot of flavour. If it is done properly, the spaghetti “sauce” gels up when it’s refrigerated.

My mother-in-law adds chicken broth to the tomato juice when she makes her chicken spaghetti, but I find that it’s just not the same as COOKING the chicken in the tomato juice. And the house smells sooooo good…

I add a little basil or Italian seasoning the last hour of cooking but you can add whatever you like, or not.

Good luck and hope you enjoy it however you make it!