4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sour cream
12 ounces dry, wide egg noodles
Chicken
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 4 halves), cut in about 1-inch by 2-inch strips
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup high-quality red wine
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire
1 cup beef broth (from boullion cubes ok)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
Place a pot of water on the stove and bring to a simmer. Cover until ready to cook noodles.
To make the parsley butter: Combine in a food processor the butter, garlic, parsley, salt, and sour cream. Process until smooth, then set aside.
To cook the chicken: In a very large nonstick pan heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on medium-high heat until hot. Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is lightly browned on the outside and about three-quarters cooked. With a slotted spoon remove chicken from pan onto a plate and set aside, keeping pan on the heat.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan, then add the onion and mushrooms. Stirring often, cook for about 2 to 4 minutes, until onions are tender. Add the wine, turn the heat up to high, and cook until the wine is almost totally evaporated, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together in a small bowl the Worcestershire, beef broth, and cornstarch until smooth. Add mixture to pan after wine has evaporated and bring to a boil. Sauce should thicken slightly.
Stir in sour cream, then add reserved chicken. Cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
To cook the noodles: Boil noodles per package directions until just cooked. Drain well and place back into cooking pot. Add parsley butter and stir until well coated.
Divide noodles among large individual pasta bowls and top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of green onions.

:stuck_out_tongue:

YUMMY!!! I made this tonight for my family and they absolutely loved it!! Even hubby, whose not fond of mushrooms and daughter, 8 years old, whose not fond of anything!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Lisa

I make double the parsley butter, to die for on english muffin or baked potato:mrgreen:

very good recipe, will make again!

will be making it for dinner tonight!! sounds devine and the reviews are good. i have found that to be the most important thing when finding recipes on the web.hahaha. will let you know what i think… thanks ahead of time for what sounds like a new family favorite…

i would like the recipe for this chicken stroganoff

Im going to run through a strogg as if i was doing it and substitute with chicken. “Bear with me”

Butter into pan, add chicken (seasoned) - just colour then remove from pan and keep in a strainer to catch any escaping juices.
Add a bit more butter to pan and sweat of some shallots and garlic, then add mushrooms and sweat down, add some paprika and tomatoe paste give it a good stir, deglase with a lashing of white wine and reduce for a minute.
A healthy glug of double cream, bring back to the boil and then add the chicken back to the sauce. As soon as it is simmering serve.

This way the chicken will still be tender.

=====================
Accident Cover | Life Cover