Chicken Wing Spaghetti

Chicken Wing Spaghetti

This was one of my family favourites while growing up. I still love it!

chicken wings
olive oil
celery, chopped
onion, chopped
green pepper, chopped
garlic, chopped
1 can tomato juice
1 small can tomato paste
thyme
oregano
dried basil
cumin
pinch cayenne pepper
salt
pepper

In large pot on medium or medium-high heat, brown chicken wings in olive oil.

Add celery, onion, green pepper to pot when you turn wings over to brown other side. Sprinkle salt and pepper on wings. Add garlic but be careful not to brown garlic or it will become bitter.

When chicken is browned on both sides, add seasonings and stir carefully to coat all wings; then add tomato juice and paste.

Simmer on low for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Stirring occasionally to make sure wings don’t stick to bottom of pan. Be careful when stirring as you don’t want the chicken wings to fall apart.

**Cooking the chicken wings in the tomato juice, as opposed to adding chicken broth, gives this sauce such great taste.

Prepare spaghetti as directed and serve with sauce.

Hope you enjoy this! :smiley:

Oh yeah… you can also use chicken thighs instead of wings. :wink:

Aline, this sounds yummy! I’m wondering whether it’s similar to Buffalo wings??

Hi Molinasmom! I really don’t think it’s similar to buffalo wings, as they are deep fried and then smothered in a bbq/hot sauce (or something close to that lol). This is a very simple chicken tomato sauce for spaghetti. Some people just add chicken broth to their tomato sauce to make chicken spaghetti. My mother always made it the way I posted it… cook the chicken directly into the tomato juice instead of water. If you do try it, let me know how you like it. :smiley:

Oh I will. I’d make it NOW-!-except that this is a hicktown & the only grocery store is closed !! Chicken wings are on my list for tomorrow. I love them! I’ve never had them with spaghetti though. Thanks! :smiley: