1 large onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce or tomato sauce with tomato bits
1 cup water
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons flour
2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, undrained

Cook ground beef in a skillet and drain liquid off. Add chili powder, salt, and sugar; mix well. Add onions, bell pepper, tomato sauce, water and bay leaf. Simmer for one hour.
Remove bay leaf and mix vegetable oil, flour, and beans into meat mixture. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring periodically.

And you know about Mississippi Chilli how?

KW,
No self respecting bowl of chili would show up on my table in Mississippi with kidney beans. My family would disown me. It would have to be pinto, great northern or navy beans.
This recipe is different than mine, I’ll have to try it. Thanks for posting.
Pat

I didn’t name the recipe - that is the name of it - someone else named it!

KW

To MTMom53…I hope the comment to K.W. was just a question and not ment to be sarcastic. This is a friendly forum! We try to enjoy recipes and be supportive…and make friends.

Dainty Dish

My goodness. It was merely a question. I live in Mississippi and was just making conversation. I thought maybe she had a Mississippi connection.

Electronic messages can be dangerous because they are often taken the wrong way.

In general - please refrain from using exclamation points!!! in your messages because they may cause you to appear angry or defensive even when you’re not.

Also, please assume that people are being friendly unless it’s blatantly obvious that they’re not.

No offense was taken at all!!! We all know that recipes have all kinds of names and I bet that this recipe was thought up by someone in Alaska or somewhere far away from Mississippi!!!

Just keep posting, share your thoughts, opinions and comments - we are all entitled to our opinions! We all enjoy recipes (or we wouldn’t be here) and we all have our likes/dislikes. Do you think I would even want to make the rattlesnake or alligator recipes I have posted??? YUCK to those!

PS - I have seen many “original Buffalo Wing” recipes - sorry - no one in Buffalo would eat half of the ones that claim to be the original!! You need to live in the area to really know their foods.

I guess you didn’t read my comment about the exclamation points, LOL.