3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
8 slices apple-smoked bacon
8 tablespoons barbecue sauce

1. Mix the honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt together. I cut my chicken breasts in half making them tenders. Marinate your chicken breasts in this sauce for at least an hour but can be marinated overnight.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I poured a little of the sauce along the bottom of the pan and placed the chicken on top. I covered with aluminum foil and cooked for about 30 minutes. Make sure center is no longer pink and juices run clear.
  3. While chicken is cooking, fry up the bacon and set aside.
  4. When chicken is cooked, spread with barbecue sauce (I can’t believe I forgot the BBQ sauce!), top with bacon and cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!!

Hi there! Thanks for the recipe. I would definitely like to try this. I have a question regarding the bar-b-q sauce. I have been buying the sauce mix from grocery, specifically the one from Horton Spice Mills( i don’t like the flavor of any other company). I’ve never tried making one by myself. If you could please share the sauce mix recipe here, it would be great!

1 cup water
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup tomato paste
2/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons molasses
1 1/4 teaspoons liquid smoke
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
dash cayenne pepper

1. Add all ingredients into a medium saucepan over high heat and whisk until blended and smooth.

2. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes or until it thickens.

3. Cool, then store in a covered container in the refrigerator overnight.

4. Makes 1 1/2 cups

Another version:

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 dashes hot pepper sauce

In a blender, combine brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, water and Worcestershire sauce. Season with mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Blend until smooth.