Chinese Chicken Chow Mein Recipes
12 ounces noodles
8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 ounces snow peas, ends removed
4 ounces bean sprouts
2 ounces ham, finely shredded
4 scallions, finely chopped
saIt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain, rinse
under cold water, and drain well.
- Slice the chicken into fine, 2−inch shreds. Place in a bowl. Add 2
teaspoons of the soy sauce, the rice wine or sherry and sesame oil.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat.
When the oil starts smoking, add the chicken mixture. Stir−fry for about 2
minutes, then transfer the chicken to a plate, and keep it hot.
- Wipe the wok clean, and heat the remaining oil. Stir in the garlic, snow
peas, bean sprouts and ham, stir− fry for another minute or so, and add
- Continue to stir−fry until the noodles are heated through. Add the
remaining soy sauce to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Return
the chicken and any juices to the noodle mixture, add the scallions, and
give the mixture a final stir. Serve at once.