CHOCOLATE CINNAMON SHERBET
• 1-1/4 cups cocoa powder
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
• 2 pinches freshly ground nutmeg
• 2 cups water
• 24 fluid ounces evaporated milk
• 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) vanilla extract
In a saucepan, mix the cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk in the water and bring to a boil, continuing to whisk to break up lumps and prevent burning. Lower heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar, is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and add the milk and vanilla; let cool.
When the mixture reaches room temperature, place in ice-cream maker and freeze according to directions. If a firmer texture is desired, remove from freezer, place in a dish, cover and freeze longer.
YIELD: 12 servings.