chocolate fudge

In the 1950’s I was privileged to taste great chocolate fudge recipe. My recollection of how it was made is…chocolate morsels, sugar, butter, and vanilla that are all I know for sure. I think some form of milk and maybe unsweetened or sweetened chocolate. It was cooked on the stove top, I remember a double boiler and thermometer, mixed and poured into a cookie like sheet. When it hardened, the very top was like a thin delicate shell, the inside was moist, firm yet soft, but not creamy. It dissolved like sugar more than it melted in your mouth, but was not granulated. I can positively state that no corn syrup of any kind was used. There was no marshmallow fluff either. There was no need to beat it to death. It was stirred and shortly after poured and cooled. They were cut into one inch squares and were only about 1/2 to 3/4 inches high. Our treat as, “Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge.” Yes, I had music lessons when I was a kid and this was how I remembered the notes; EGBDF. Yes, I also loved my music teacher, but she never gave me her recipe. Can you help me? There are so many recipes to search through on your site. Thank you

YUM!!! Thank you for these. I’m adding the first one to my recipe collection.

Here is one you might like:

Chocolate Pistachio Fudge
Serves:
64 pieces of rich fudge

Ingredients
• 12 ounces 70 percent dark chocolate, chopped or 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
• Pinch salt
• 1 cup shelled pistachios
Directions
Melt the chopped chocolate, condensed milk and salt in a heavy based pan on a low heat.
Put the nuts into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into both big and little pieces.
Add the nuts to the melted chocolate and condensed milk and stir well to mix.
Pour this mixture into a 9-inch square foil tray, smoothing the top.
Let the fudge cool and then refrigerate until set. You can then cut into small pieces approximately 3/4 by 1 3/4 inches or cutting 8 by 8 lines in the tin to give 64 pieces.
Once cut you can keep it in the freezer, no need to thaw just eat straight away.