Classic Italian Bread Dip

Classic Italian Bread Dip

Create your own flavor blend by adding more or less Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and sea salt to olive oil. This restaurant-style dipping sauce is perfect with crusty bread.

4 shakes Italian Seasoning
2 to 3 shakes Crushed Red Pepper
2 twists Sea Salt Grinder
2 shakes grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil

1. Twist and shake Italian seasoning, red pepper, sea salt, and Parmesan cheese onto a small plate or bowl.

2. Pour olive oil over spices to cover and moisten. Serve as a dipping sauce with your favorite crusty bread.

Makes 2 servings

Here’s one I found on the cdkitchen site:

CDKitchen > Recipes > Appetizer Recipes > Dip and Spread Recipes > Bread Dip Recipes

Carraba’s Bread Dipping Sauce Recipe

Submitted by: rec.food.recipes recipes

Ready in: < 30 minutes
Difficulty: 2 (1=easiest :: hardest=5)
Serves/Makes: .75 cup

Related Categories:
–Bread Dip Recipes
–C - Copy Cat Restaurant Recipes

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley (Italian best)
1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup olive oil
1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Directions:

Combine all except oil and lemon juice in a small food processor or coffee bean grinder. Chop briefly until all about the same size. Stir in olive oil and lemon juice.

To serve, combine about 1 1/2 tsp. herb mixture to 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil mixture on a small dish.

Dip sliced or torn bread in mixture.

Kitchen Witch,
THANKS! THANKS! THANKS for being there for all of us. You are an exceptional asset to this site!
Thom

Thank you Thom - that is very kind of you.

May I share this recipe with you? I have gotten a lot of compliments on it - and it is posted in Favorites or What’s for dinner - but here goes:

KITCHEN WITCH’S BREAD DIPPING SAUCE

1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt

Place all ingredients in grinder and grind evenly if you like - if not, mix well.

Store airtight.

When you want to use it - mix 1 tablespoon of this mixutre with olive oil (extra-virgin preferred). You can adjust the flavor the way you want.

Dip warm bread into mixture and enjoy!

If making subs/hoagies/panini sandwiches - I combine this mixture in a plastic bottle similar to a plastic ketchup or mustard bottle and shake and squeeze on the bread as a dressing. It can also be used with mayo/salad dressing on sandwiches for a little extra “zing” in the flavor.

I went to a beauty supply house and bought several different sizes of hair dye applicator bottles that I use in my pantry. You can cut the tips as large as you would like for many uses. Those bottles are used for salad dressings, chocolates, syrups, icing cookies with designs, BBQ sauces, etc. just use your imagination!

I’ve also posted that I’ve used it for sandwiches, etc. in the Superbowl thread in the Recipe Exchange.

If you try it - please let me know how you like it!

KW