Condensed Milk vs regular milk

I am new to cooking and would like to make a banana cream pie using Royal instant mix and was wondering if I could use condensed milk rather than the regular milk called for on the side of the box? I’m thinking it would be a thicker mixture? I was also thinking of using ginger snap cookies for the crust-will this work? Thanks

You can use ginger snap cookies for the crust - crust can be made with just about any type of crumbs.

Here’s a similar recipe to what you are talking about -

•1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
•1-1/2 cups cold water
•1 (4-serving-size) package instant French vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
•2 cups (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
•40 vanilla wafers cookies (about)
•3 to 4 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice from concentrate
•4 vanilla wafers, crushed to crumbs for garnish

Combine sweetened condensed milk and water in a large mixing bowl. Add pudding mix and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Refrigerate pudding mixture for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold whipped cream into chilled pudding mixture until combined.

Select a large (3-quart) decorative glass bowl. Spread 1/2 cup of pudding around the bottom of the bowl and top with one-third of the vanilla wafers, followed by one-third of the bananas and one-third of the remaining pudding. Continue layers, finishing with pudding on top. Sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafer crumbs. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.

Refrigerate leftovers.

Using condenced milk will give it a thicker and sweeter flavor. Ginger snap cookies will also up the sweetness factor. It’s a great idea to take a simple everyday recipe and make it your own by adding a few of your favorites.