converting bread machine recipes to a regular recipes?

:confused:can anyone help? I found this recipes and I really want to try it, but it is for a bread machine and I dont have one. If I did, I would weigh even more…lol

Zucchini Cheddar Bread

3 cups baking mix
1 Tbsp parsley
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 tsp dry yeast
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup water
1 egg
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Blend all ingredients together. Place mixing blade in bread pan securely. Pour batter into bread pan. Snap pan in place and close lid. Plug bread machine into outlet. Press bread menu and light color. Press start. Remove bread from machine when baking is finished. Remove bread from pan onto cooling rack. Cool and slice.

Any help would be appreciated. I have an overabundance of zucchini from the garden and I really would like to try this recipe.

Will this help?? Although it calls for almonds - you can leave them out.

Zucchini Cheddar Bread

¾ cup Blanched almonds
2 cup All-purpose flour
1 tablespoon Baking powder
½ teaspoon Salt
1 cup Grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1 large Onion; chopped
¼ cup Butter
¾ cup Milk
1/3 cup Oil
3 Eggs
½ teaspoon Dried basil
½ teaspoon Dried thyme
1 ½ cup Grated zucchini; well drained

Preheat the oven to 300 F. Butter and flour a 9" round pan. Chop the almonds and spread on a cookie sheet to toast in the oven. Turn and stir them occasionally, watching carefully until they are golden brown. Set aside and raise the oven heat to 400 F.

Combine dry ingredients and toss gently with cheese. Saute onion in butter until soft, then transfer to a blender or food processor with milk, oil, eggs and seasonings and blend well. Add zucchini and make sure everything is well integrated before you stir in toasted almonds, by hand. Pour mixture into dry ingredients. Stir lightly, then spread batter in pan and bake for 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan. Cut in wedges to serve.

NOTE: If desired, increase basil to 1 t. and omit thyme. You can add the parsley to this recipe as well.

if you really want to use bisquick -

CHEDDAR CHEESE ZUCCHINI BREAD

6 c. Bisquick
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
10 oz. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
2 c. zucchini, grated
2 c. milk
4 oz. butter, melted
4 med. or 3 lg. eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, mix together Bisquick, sugar, salt, Cheddar cheese, and zucchini. Into food processor, place milk, melted butter, and eggs. Blend all together and pour in mixing bowl (with dry ingredients). Mix all together, folding with spatula. Stir until dry ingredients are blended together. Take two 12 inch or three 8 inch bread molds and spray with Pam. Divide dough into each. Bake 1 hour, 10-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on cake rack for 10 minutes. Unmold, eat or freeze.

Thank you Kitchen Witch, you are wonderful, I have zucchini coming out of my ears… We planted a few too many plants and now we dont know what to do with all of them, the recipes will be wonderful… I will make one of them tomorrow, thank you so much for your help.

manda1027 - you’re very welcomed! I absolutely love zucchini. Have you tried pickling sliced zucchini - just like you would pickles??? They taste like regular pickles!

ZUCCHINI PICKLES

1 quart Heinz distilled white vinegar
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup salt
2 teaspoons celery seed
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 teaspoon dry mustard
5 lb. (5-6 inch) zucchini, unpeeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 qt. thinly sliced onions (4-5 medium)

Combine first 6 ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour over zucchini and onions; let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

In saucepan, bring mixture to a boil, then simmer 3 minutes.

Continue simmering while quickly packing one clean, hot jar at a time. Fill to within 1/2 inch of top making sure vinegar solution covers vegetables. Cap each jar at once.

Process 5 minutes in boiling-water bath.

Makes 6-7 pints.

DILLED ZUCCHINI PICKLES

8 med. zucchini (no bigger than 12 inches long)
1/2 c. salt (canning or pickling salt)
6 c. 5% vinegar
2 c. water
4 c. sugar
4 tsp. mustard seed
2 tsp. celery seed
8 cloves garlic
8 dill heads
Sm. slice hot pepper for each jar
1 grape leaf for each jar

Cut zucchini in 1 1/2 x 4 inch strips. Add salt and cover with water. Let stand 2 hours. Drain. (You can rinse in very cold water if on a salt-free diet.) Drain well. Put garlic in bottom of jar.

In a stainless steel or enamel pan, mix vinegar, sugar, water, mustard and celery seed. A small slice of hot pepper is optional. Bring to boil, cut heat down, simmer 5 minutes. Stand strips of zucchini up in pint jars. Put dill and grape leaves on top. Pour hot liquid over zucchini spears. Leave 1/2 inch head space. Seal process, 15 minutes in hot water bath.

You do not have to do this if you keep all your jars and lids in boiling water just prior to use. But if you do, only bring to boil and turn off heat. Let stand in hot water 15 minutes. Remove.

BREAD AND BUTTER ZUCCHINI PICKLES

16 c. sliced fresh zucchini
4 c. thinly sliced onions
1/2 c. pickling salt (not iodized)
4 c. white vinegar
2 c. sugar
4 tbsp. mustard seed
2 tbsp. celery seed
2 tsp. ground turmeric

Cover zucchini and onion slices with 1 inch of water and salt. Let stand 2 hours and drain thoroughly. Combine vinegar, sugar and spices. Bring to a boil. Add zucchini and onions. Simmer 5 minutes and fill jars with mixture and pickling solution leaving 1/2 inch space at the top. Adjust caps and process in a boiling water bath 15 minutes.

Take a look through our search - just type in zucchini - and you should find many recipes that will help you “get rid of” your zucchini!

thanks for the help, my hubby will be excited, he loves homemade pickles, me–not so much, i just dont care for pickles much at all…but i might like these thanks for the recipes and the idea…

You’re very welcomed! Can you tell who else has had an over-abundance of zucchini so many times!! But I don’t mind it when it happens because there is so much I can do with it! Enjoy!!

KW