Cookies Baked in a Jar
Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Cookies in a Jar
1 1/4 c. certified gluten-free rolled oats
1 1/4 c. oat flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 c. coconut oil, at room temperature
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 c. sweetened, shredded coconut
1 c. raisins
1 c. dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% cocoa)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray six 8-ounce canning jars with cooking spray.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the coconut oil, both sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With the mixer on low, gradually beat in the flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in the coconut, raisins, and chocolate chips.
- Fill the prepared jars 3/4 full with the cookie dough. Bake for 15-18 minutes. The cookies will be slightly under-baked and will have a lightly golden top, not a dark one.
- Let the jars cool completely on the baking sheet. Then, you can dive in, preferably with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or you can package these babies up and give them as gifts!
Makes 6 8-oz cookie jars.