Cooking for first time, need help with some recipes

Now that I won’t be eating out of my school cafeteria, I’m trying to not fall into the trap of eating everything prepackaged or from a restaurant. I’ve cobbled together some recipes after looking online for inspiration. The reason I’m tending to use my own creations rather than simply copying other recipes I find is that I don’t care for sauce or vegetables (other than garlic) in general. The vegetables that I’ve added to the recipes below are simply for added nutrition, they’ll all simply be chopped and then boiled before being mixed in so as to minimize their flavor. Except garlic, which will generally be chopped and raw. With that in mind, I’m mainly looking to make sure that my proportions for ingredients make sense, and also very open to suggestions for seasonings. Right now I tend to just put basil on everything, but I’m looking to broaden my horizons. Rosemary? Oregano? Tarragon? Thyme? Paprika? These and other things are mysterious to me, but I’d love to learn about them! Also, I’m open to suggestions on what sort of cooking oil to use in all of these. A friend recommended poppyseed oil as their favorite for general use, would that be a good idea?

Lemon garlic salmon/halibut
Broil quarter pound fillet in skillet until done
Over low heat, brush 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil, allow 2 minutes for it to sink in
Still over low heat, add finely chopped garlic and seasonings (teaspoon of basil and what else?)
Melt butter over fillet after seasoning complete

Brown rice with chicken and veggies
Cook 1.5 cups brown rice in unsalted water
Broil .5 cups of cut chicken breast
Boil .25 cups of kale, spinach, peas, carrots, broccoli, and green beans
Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic
Combine ingredients in wok, toss over low flame, adding 1 tablespoon soy sauce and .5 tablespoon of oil
Add seasonings (but what?)

Bacon, vegetable, and egg scramble
Scramble 2 eggs with 2 diced strips of bacon, a half cup of spinach, a diced potato (2.5" diameter), and a teaspoon each of salt, pepper, basil, and other seasonings?
As eggs finish, add 1 clove diced garlic
Gently toss with garlic in pan for 30 seconds, serve

Meat and veggie spaghetti
Boil 1.5 cups noodles
Cook .25 cup chicken and 2 strips of bacon
Boil .5 cups of broccoli and spinach
Over medium flame, toss ingredients, melt in pat of butter
Over low flame, add 2 cloves finely diced garlic, 2 tablespoons parmesan, 1 tablespoon oil, and seasonings

Thoughts? Be gentle. :oops:

Edit: I’d also love to integrate some sea vegetables into my diet somehow, just for some variety, but I have no experience with them.

Just a couple of thought -

Be careful not to over cook your salmon; it should have a very thin line of slightly under cooked in the center. Your salmon will be cooked enough and will be juicy.

I would suggest to always always substitute chick thighs for the breast; they have more flavor and as a bonus, are cheaper than breasts.

Looks great. Remember dry pasta doubles when cooked and dry rice triples.

If you don’t want leftovers you may want to cut back. The great part of cooking is you can do what you like, whereas baking is an exact science.