Cooking for today and preparing for the Superbowl at the same time

The weather has been so bad - and we are so loaded with ice now that I never know when the power is going out! As long as it is on for the Superbowl - I don’t care.

Our street is covered with at least 4 inches of ice and the winds howled all night keeping us up.

By 4 am there I was in the wind - freezing and trying to chop the ice in the driveway and on the walks. I’m not sure if I just made a heluva lot of noise or if I made any progress on the thick ice!

By 6 am my pizza dough was ready for tomorrow - it’s in the fridge waiting. By 9 am the meatballs were made - and I put raisins in them, the homemade Italian sausage was cooked and the sauce was on for spaghetti for today’s lunch. My pizza sauce and my wing sauce are both done and in the fridge for tomorrow. Side salad and garlic bread - it will be our main meal today.

For dinner tonight I will make a simple pizza with sliced tomatoes, peppers and onions on it. Season with basil, salt, pepper and garlic. Antipasto sounds good for that.

Tomorrow morning I will bake my wings and put them in the fridge to sauce later.

I will have leftover spaghetti, meatballs and sausage that we can have for lunch with a salad tomorrow.

About 20 minutes before kickoff I will assemble my pizza - traditional - sauce, pepperoni and cheeses, and I will sauce the wings and place in the oven at the same time. Sometime tonight I will make my dip and get the dippers ready.

Easy day tomorrow and I can enjoy the game.

For the super bowl i made power nachos. The include two bags of tortillas, and entire bag of cheese. I make a mixture of ground beef with thyme and rosemary. i saute onions then add the beef mixture. i then add a can of refried bean to that and then i dump that onto the tortillas. then i add an entire thing of newmans black bean salsa and cover with the cheese. pop it in the oven melt the cheese and there done.