copy cat outback steak recipe

:smiley: Has anyone tried the Outback’s Marinated Steak recipe? I did on some not that tender steaks-chuck-and they turned out really good.
I followed the recipe and let them marinate first in the beer for one hour and then in the spice mix overnight. I just seared them in a skillet one of the cast iron ones with the grill ridges, really good and tender.

no i have not… do you have it handy? thanks!

OUTBACK STEAK HOUSE MARINADE RECIPE

1 cup Scottish Ale
2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon MSG (or omit)

Place your favorite cut of steak in a shallow pan and pour ale on steak and marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator. Remove steak from ale and mix dry ingredients together and rub steak on both sides. Let marinate with dry ingredients for 1/2 hour.
Preheat a skillet or grill to med high heat add vegetable spray or vegetable oil and braise to perfection.

Outback Steakhouse-Style Steak

8 t. salt
4 t. paprika
2 t. black pepper
1 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. cayenne pepper
½ t. coriander
½ t. turmeric

Combine; rub on each side of steak. Grill in large frying pan over medium-high heat; press down with spatula to sear edges. Enough seasoning for 4 sirloin, rib or filets of steak.

OUTBACK STEAK HOUSE MARINADE

1 c. Scottish Ale NOT BEER
2 t. brown sugar
1/2 t. seasoned salt
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1/4 t. MSG (or Accent)

Place your favorite cut of steak in a shallow pan and pour ale on steak and marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator. Remove steak from ale and mix dry ingredients together and rub steak on both sides. Let marinate with dry ingredients for 1/2 hour.

Preheat a skillet or grill to med high heat add vegetable spray or vegetable oil and braise to perfection.
You make like the flavor of braising the steak in butter (not margarine) instead of oil.

Will marinade 1 ½ lbs. meat.