corn fritters

I am looking for a recipe for corn fritters. KFC use to have them here in Canada but not anymore. They were so good dipped in honey. Can anyone help me?

I too have been looking for a good Corn Fritter recipe . This one is none other than Oprah’s favorite …!! here goes …

2/3 Cup yellow cornmeal
1/3 Cup self rising flour
1 Cup buttermilk
1 egg beaten
2 ears corn shucked, or 1/3 cup frozen or canned
2 Tbls. melted unsalted butter (optional)
Milk or water if needed.

If using corn on the cob, microwave 2-3 minutes … slice off the kernels and set aside.

In a bowl mix cornmeal and flour well with a wire whisk. (This will make your fritters very light.)
In a seperate bowl whisk together buttermilk and egg.
Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry with a fork. ( Don’t worry if the batter isn’t completely combined you want to be careful not to over mix.
Fold in the corn and butter if using. If the batter is too thick can thin down with a bit of milk or water.

Heat skillet or grill and spray with Pam. Add spoonfuls batter and cook about 2 minutes per side. Look for bubbles all over the surface and they are ready to flip.

You may have to make a few before they turn out perfect.

Serve with honey or your favorite syrup.

Enjoy!!

Deep Fryer Corn Fritters

vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 lb. frozen corn, thawed, drained
7 ounces canned creamed corn

Combine eggs, butter and milk in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add next 4 ingredients and mix thoroughly. Beat in remaining ingredients on low speed. Heat oil in an electric deep fryer to 370°F. Gently drop large spoonfuls of batter into fryer. Do not crowd. Fry, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides. Drain on absorbent paper.