Country Style Ribs With Barbecue Sauce

COUNTRY STYLE RIBS WITH BARBECUE SAUCE
(The spareribs really come out tender this way!)

• 40 ounces ketchup
  • 6 tablespoons vinegar
  • 6 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon cumin (can be omitted)
  • 2 teaspoon chili powder (can be omitted)
  • 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (can be omitted)
  • 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
  • 10 country style ribs (can use more or less)

Directions: First you are going to prepare your barbecue sauce. You can even do this the night before so that you can get everything in the crockpot in the morning very quickly. Combine all the ingredients except the ribs and tomato paste in a large pot. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1/2 hour. Stir in the tomato paste at the end and let simmer for a few minutes. Make sure you stir this sauce every so often while you are cooking it. This is a thick barbecue sauce and you don?t want it to stick to the bottom of the pot while you are making it. Now you have your barbecue sauce. Now let me tell you how to put everything in the crockpot. First put in all the ribs and just pour the barbecue sauce over them. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. At 10 hours the meat will be really very tender and falling off the bone. I find that 8 hours is really enough but it might depend on your crockpot. Enjoy! (If you don’t want your barbecue sauce spicy, you can cut down on the amount of vinegar, worcestershire sauce and omit the cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. It will still be really delicious but mild. The way I have it is spicy but not hot.)