Crab Extravagant on French Bread H.J.'s

Crab Extravagant on French Bread is a Delight

Lobster rolls are the quintessential New England summer sandwich. Boiled fresh lobster meat is tossed with just a little bit of mayonnaise and celery and stuffed into a buttered, grilled hot dog bun. This is one of life’s true pleasures. This is my crab version of that heavenly roll.

Makes 4 servings.

Melted butter…in skillet
4 - (6 inch) split french bread rolls… length-wise OR use 4 hot dog buns
1 lb. lump crabmeat…use good crabmeat
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup onion…chopped
Few sprigs (4-5) of fresh cilantro…chopped
2 slices of Claussen Kosher Dill Sandwich pickles…diced up (optional)
Salt … black pepper to taste or dash of cayenne pepper
I prefer using cayenne pepper …not much… just enough to say
“Oh, nice touch !”.
Sliced cold lettuce either on top of bread or mix crab all together
enough lettuce for the sandwiches

Have Crab mixture already made and chilled ahead of time!!
In a large bowl… combine: remaining ingredients

Place the insides of the french bread or hot dog buns in a skillet with melted butter…you want it to be toasted inside.

Place mounds of chilled crab mixture on 1 side of toasted bread. Spread it over the one side of bread. Gently press sides of bread together.
Or
Put sliced chilled lettuce on top of the crab mixture or mix the sliced lettuce with the crab mixture … place on 1 side of the toasted bread.

Gently press sides of bread together
Serve with chips on the side.

If counting those calories! Put crab mixture on a bed of lettuce or sliced lettuce. hj :wink: Enjoy this

I voted even though I haven’t tried your recipe, but I will, because I would definitely serve this to my family and friends. :smiley:

Hi hj, This sounds delicous being from Maine we love our lobster rolls , but this is a great alternative to change things up. Great post Sky