Hi All… I’m a Canadian with a place at Marco Island, FL. Both my hubby and I have fallen in love with the side dish “Fried Apples” at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Does anyone have the recipe? I can’t even figure out what type of apples they use. We drive from Marco to the closest Cracker Barrel at Naples/I-75[/SIZE][/SIZE]!
Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
* 2 cups apple juice, plus * 1/2 cup apple juice * 4 large golden delicious apples, with peel,cut 1/2 inch wedges * 3 tablespoons cornstarch * 1 teaspoon apple pie spice * 4 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium skillet, combine the 2 cups apple juice and sliced apples.
- Simmer gently until apples are fork tender but not mushy, turning apples frequently.
- Remove apples from juice using a slotted spoon and place in an oven safe dish.
- In a blender, combine the remaining 1/2 cup apple juice, cornstarch, apple pie spice and sugar.
- Blend a few seconds until smooth.
- Whisk mixture into hot apple juice in skillet and cook, stirring constantly on medium high heat until it bubbles and becomes thickened and smooth.
- Pour thickened mixture over apples and serve.
- Please note the cooking time is an approximate.