Cut carbs this holiday season - Choose Roasted Nuts instead of Peanut Brittle (which has corn syrup in it).
4 cups of any of the following types of nuts:
• Walnut halves and pieces, preferably fresh shelled
• Raw peanuts, preferably skinless
• Pine nuts
• Almonds, preferably skinless but almonds with skins will work
• Raw macadamia nuts
2 tsp. salt
- Mix nuts with salt and water and leave in a warm place for at least 7 hours or overnight.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cool water. Spread on a stainless steel baking pan and place in a warm oven (no more than 150 degrees) for 12 to 24 hours, turning occasionally, until completely dry and crisp.
- Store in the refrigerator, as the fats in nuts can go rancid quickly .