Crock pot Spicy-Sweet Ribs and Beans

Spicy-Sweet Ribs and Beans

My son always asks for this for his birthday dinner. I serve it with Dill Potato Salad and Garlic Toast. This is an adaptation of a Southern Living recipe.

Ingredients
3 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
4 pounds country-style pork ribs, trimmed, or 2 to 3 pounds boneless ribs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10.5-ounce) jar red jalapeño jelly
1 (18-ounce) bottle hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon green hot sauce

Place beans in a 5-quart electric slow cooker; set aside.
Cut ribs apart; sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place ribs on a broiling pan.

Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 18 to 20 minutes or until browned, turning once. Add ribs to slow cooker, and sprinkle with onion.

Combine jelly, barbecue sauce, and hot sauce in a saucepan; cook over low heat until jelly melts. Pour over ribs; stir gently.

Cover and cook at HIGH 5 to 6 hours or at LOW 9 to 10 hours. Remove ribs. Drain bean mixture, reserving sauce. Skim fat from sauce. Arrange ribs over bean mixture; serve with sauce.

Hi Jan,

This looks good! Can you post your dill potato salad recipe? I have yet to find one that “hits the spot.” Thanks!

This sounds really very good and I would also like to have your dill potato salad it sure sounds good to I have looked on my CD’s for that recipe and can’t fine it so do share your dill potato salad with us.

Thanks!!!

We had this Friday afternoon for dinner it was terrific, we love it. Had with red potato salad, and cole slaw.

Southern Belle, I am so gald you liked it, it is a favorite here.

Southern Belle and Paula, I am working on the potato salad recipe. I made it last night and measured the ingredients (or what I thought to be the amounts that I use) and wrote everthing down. It was a mess! Too much mayo and a tad too much Dijon mustard. I will try again later in the week. I promise I am working on it. lol!

That is o.k. I for one do not measure for a recipe just a pinch here and a handful there when it is one that I made-up, but when I post one I have a heck of a time getting the ingredients just right. So take your time I am not in a hurry.

Dill Potato Salad
(OK, I hope I have this right)

4 - 5 Medium russet potatoes
1 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup minced sweet onion
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1 tsp. dried dill
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper

Peel and cube potatoes. Cover with water, add 1 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil, simmer 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp. salt, mustard, onion, relish, dill and pepper. Drain cooked potatoes, cool slightly. Gently fold potatoes into mayonnaise mixture.