Crockpot Beef Tips And Mushrooms

CROCKPOT BEEF TIPS AND MUSHROOMS

2 pounds stew beef, cut in 1 inch cubes
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 can mushroom soup
1 can whole mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup red wine

Combine all ingredients in crockpot; mix well. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours. Serve over egg noodles or rice.

Got’ta love the crock pot and this simple dish sounds so good. I’ll certainly give it a try here in the next few days.

Ah see there you go I just learned something new. Recently I purchased a Lager crock-pot (8 liters 4.25 gallon) because I always had a hard time to find a chicken to fit into my little two quart one, not to mention two quarts of stew didn’t give me that many lazy day meals.

Any way it seemed with my new one the low setting was high. Last week I did up my simple chili started the crock-pot went to work came home and found that the chili was just about boiling and had evaporated quit considerably I looked yes it’s on low I’ve made the mistake before, but that wasn’t the case. So I had been thinking that there must be something wrong with the thermostat until now. Thanks for the info.

This kind of defeats the purpose of a Crock-pot the nice slow cooking, pep the night before, keep in the fridge, turn on before you leave the house, great tasting meal when you get home.

Well this morning I got up prepped this dish set my timer and off to work I went. I got home and the house had a wonderful aroma. I did up some rice, and sat down man was this good.

The only draw back was that I’ve over indulged.