Crockpot Pasta Fagioli

Ingredients: (Source:“Tearose84”)

1 lb. lean ground beef, browned and drained
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can white beans (Canelli or northern) drained and rinsed
4 cups beef broth
1 jar pasta sauce
2 tsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. Tobasco
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup dry pasta (to be added at the end of cooking time ( I used rice)

Instructions

Use a 6 Qt. crockpot or cut recipe in half. Just mix it all (except the pasta) up and cover and cook on low for 8 hours. After about 6.5 or 7 hours, add your rice or other pasta.

N.B.: All the posts at the beginning of each thread are recipes as a result of a Virtual Recipe Exchange. They ARE NOT posted on the sites.

Thanks, Ive never fixed mine in a crockpot. Will have to try this

Yummmy! Sounds good! My Pasta “Fazool” is much simpler than that but yours sure sounds good! Thank you for that one!

Please Help!
Everytime I tried to make this on the stove top it turns out mushy. How can I keep it from doing this & also how do I make a good white & red sauce one like the Italians do?
Thanks so much as this is so frusturating to me.

My guess is the pasta is overcooked. When I make soup that has pasta in it, I cook the pasta separately and add it to the bowl of soup when serving. Pasta tends to soup up the liquid in soup and it gets mushy.

Ingredients2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
5 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound ditalini pasta

In a small pot over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent. Stir in garlic and cook until tender. Add to the crock pot along with the tomato sauce, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and cannellini beans. Simmer on the low setting of the crock pot for at least 3 hours.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain with cold water. Place in container to be put in the refrigerator (tip: I sprayed the noodles with some non stick spray and stirred them up so that they wouldn’t stick)

Dish out soup by placing noodles in bowl first and then stir in the soup.

Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

Use this soup as a base and you could add your families’ favorites such as Italian sausage or vegetables.