Crockpot Turkey

Just finished thawing and cleaning a 14 lb. bird. (this was a last minute decision - so I had to work hard - changing the water every 30 minutes to thaw properly)

The back, legs and wings were cut off and placed in a bowl and wrapped until tomorrow.

The breast, neck and thighs are wrapped and on a platter until tomorrow.

Early in the morning I will rub the turkey breast, neck (yes I eat the neck - it is the best part of the bird to me!!) and thighs with olive oil and place in a 6-qt. crockpot. Seasoned with salt, cracked pepper, plenty of fresh garlic and fresh parsley. It will cook on high for 6 hours or until done.

Accumulated juices will be saved for gravy.

The back, legs and wings will be placed in a large stock pot, with fresh parsely, salt pepper, chicken bouillon, celery, carrots, onions and fresh celery leaves - covered with cold water and soup broth will be made. When done the broth will be strained and the meat picked from the bones. Depending on how much broth is made will depend on how many quart and pint jars of broth will be canned for future use. The remaining broth will be returned to the pan with chopped celery, onion, carrot; potatoes, peas and reserved meat is added. My turkey vegetable soup will be done.

The reserved juices from the crockpot will be used to make gravy and I will make mashed potatoes (using fresh made broth, salt, cracked pepper and butter) and whole kernel corn on the side.

Stove top stuffing - bread, onion, celery, onion, peppers, salt, pepper, garlic, fresh parsely, fresh celery leaves, broth.

Dessert is going to be made in Xpress 101 machine - 4 to 5 c. coarse chopped, peeled apples, 2 eggs, 3/4 c. milk, 1 c. sugar, 2 t. cinnamon, 1 t. nutmeg, 1/2 c. bisquick - blend well - fill wells in Xpress 101 and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until golden (this is not a real thick batter). Scoop out and serve hot!
Remember to spray wells before filling with batter.
(apples can be sliced thin as well)