Crunchy Pizza Crisps
* 2 ounces French bread, cut into 16 1/4-inch rounds * 5 tablespoons tomato paste * 5 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano * 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, rosemary, basil, or oregano * 1 clove garlic, minced (optional) * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; bake until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Spread each toast with tomato paste. Sprinkle with cheese, herbs, garlic, and pepper.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.