cube steak

Do anyone have any recipes for cube steak?

Thanks

I use it for chicken fried steak, it’s more tender than regular steak. Just mix salt, pepper and flour, dip steak lightly and saute quickly brown on each side. Remove steak and make gravy from drippings. Quick and easy, great served with hot biscuits and veggie. Complete meal in no time at all.

lighly flour with salt and pepper and brown cube steak in 2 tbs oil remove brown one small sliced onion (not chopped) in a mixing bowl mix 4 cut up carrots, 4 celery stalks, one can of tomatoes chopped 15 oz or 1 can 15 0z tomato sauce. One can or one cup of beef broth, 1 tablespoon paprika, salt and pepper to taste, one crushed clove of garlic, 1/2 cup dry wine (white or red). Place steak in oven dish pour sauce over steak and cook at 350 for apx 1 hour or until sauce is thickened and vegetables tender. You can also add sliced green peppers to this and serve with sour cream on the side.

You can serve the sauce over rice or egg noodles

Enjoy and let me know how it is.

Rose

Baked Steak
Brown cubed steaks in dry skillet. Remove to oven-proof casserole dish. Scrape up brown bits in skillet. Add 1 can cream soup: mushroom, chicken, celery. Add about 1 teaspoon of Kitchen Bouquet to darken. Stir well. Add to casserole. Cover and bake about 1 hour at 350 degrees. Have lots of bread available to make gravy bread!

Cube Steak is easy…

Put a small amount of oil in a skillet. Rinse the meat with water and flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Fry until done ( only add small amounts of oil as needed). After all of meat is fried, put back in pan and add water to cover. COver with a lid and cook SLOW. Water will help thicken the flour and leave the meat very tender.

When I make this, I eyeball it. So I am guessing on amounts.

1 lb steak
1/2 cup butter/maragine
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs.
Add seasonings to corn flake crumbs that you like (Salt and pepper to taste)

Take a pan that steak will fit in 8 X 8 is what I usually use.

Put butter/margarine in it. Place in oven - butter melts while oven is preheating to 350degrees. Once butter/maragine is melted. remove from oven. Dunk meat into butter - make sure covered - then cover the meat with the corn flake crumbs. Do this with all of the steak. Place back into pan melted butter in. Place in oven for 30 minutes or meat is done.

Simple and good !!!

When I make cube steaks,I usually cook them in the crockpot.They come out very tender,but don’t cook them too long,or they will fall apart.I don’t really measure anything,except soup,so I don’t really have measurements. :oops:
6 cube steaks
flour
salt&pepper to taste
Mrs.Dash orig.seasoning
Mrs.Dash table blend seasoning
oil
First season cube steaks,then flour.Then add more season,if desired.Fry until light brown.
Put in crockpot with 1 can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup,half can water*. Cook on low anywhere from 5 to 6 hrs.After steaks are done,turn on high for 1/2 hr.,to make the gravy thick.Delishious

*It is best if you mix soup and water,in a bowl,before adding to crockpot.

Minute Steaks and Gravy
2 lbs. minute steaks 2Tbs. worcestershire sauce 1 c. water 2 Tbs. barbecue sauce 1 can cream of mushroom soup salt and pepper flour
Roll steak in flour salt and pepper. Brown lightly in hot oil put in a casserole dish. Heat together soup,water barbecue sauce and worcestershire. Pour over steak and bake at 350 for 1 hr.

4-6 pieces of cubed steak
2 or 3 potatoes diced
1 onion diced
handful of small carrots
2 tablespoons of butter

In a 13 x 9 baking dish spray with cooking spray. Put cubed steak in dish, salt and pepper. Put potatoes, onion, and carrots over cubed steak. Put butter on top. Cover with foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.