Delaney's Clam Chowder Recipe Search

I am looking to find a recipe for one of the most delicious New England style clam chowders I have ever had. This was from a local chain of restaurants that were once located throughout a few locales here in Southern California, called Delaney’s Restaurants. They had a location in Newport Beach, CA that I believe, is now called the Bluewater Grill; across the inlet bay from The Cannery, on the Lido Penninsula.

I was hoping that a cook or an old employee that knows the recipe can possibly help me out and post it for me, even if the quantities are restaurant proportions, as I am feeding some homeless people too!

Thank you and bless you for reading this post!

Found this article for you…hope this is it…

Chowder was once considered peasant food. While it comes in many forms, New England style creaminess is a recipe for comfort food.Today a well made bowl is a luxury. The soup is so prized, January 21st is National New England Clam Chowder Day!

Some of the valley’s best chowder can be found at the Delaney House. The award winning recipe of Chef Michael Corduff can be enjoyed the casual atmosphere of the Mick or stately elegance of the Dinning Room. You may also take it home by quart for $10.

If you prefer the fruit of your own kitchen this is a quick and easy recipe to make any day a special day. It may be cut in half or doubled. Perfect to celebrate the soup by yourself or with a large party. It is also an ideal meal for helping stay warm during the cold winter months!

3-4 slices bacon,cooked crisp and broken
2 large yellow onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp Shellfish Spice
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp corn starch
3 cups milk
2 cups half-and-half cream
4 (10 oz) cans baby clams, undrained
2 tbsp chopped parsley

Fry bacon in a large Dutch oven until crisp, remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to pot, saute until softened, then add potatoes and chicken stock. Season with salt and Shellfish Spice Kit, cover and cook for 15 minutes.

In a second large saucepan, melt butter, whisk in corn starch, whisking to make a roux. Cook for 1 minute, then add cream and milk while whisking. Cook over low heat until thickened. Pour into onion and potato mixture, add clams only, reserving the juice in the cans.

Add bacon and the other 2 cans of reserved juice a bit at a time to reach desired consistency, only if you want the soup less thick. Stir and gently cook over moderate heat until heated through. Transfer to soup tureen and garnish with parsley or Shellfish Spice.

Wondering if I missed something in the clam chowder recipe whereby the last part of the instructions say: add the OTHER two cans of clam juice. Where were the first two cans added?