1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 package (4-serving size) sugar-free vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
2 cups low-fat (1%) milk or fat-free (skim) milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1-1/2 cups water
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1. Line 24 (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.

2. Prepare cake mix according to lower fat package directions, using 3 eggs and applesauce. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake according to package directions; cool completely. Freeze 12 cupcakes for another use.

3. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups milk; cover and refrigerate.

4. For chocolate glaze, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and water in large microwavable bowl; whisk until smooth. Microwave at HIGH 4 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until slightly thickened. Stir in vanilla.

5. To serve, for each dessert drizzle 2 tablespoons chocolate glaze onto plate. Cut 1 cupcake in half; place halves on top of glaze. Top with about 2 heaping tablespoonfuls pudding. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.

Nutrients per Serving
(1 Boston Baby with about 2 tablespoons pudding (without garnish))
Calories 158
Calories from Fat 22 %
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Carbohydrate 28 g
Fiber <1 g
Protein 3 g
Sodium 175 mg

Dietary exchanges
2 Starch
1/2 Fat

Thanks so much for your emails. Can’t wait to try this one.

Looks good. Hope to try them soon.

Thanks

sounds great. Both of us are diabetic so this works well for us. Thank you.
Shirley

You’re very welcomed! Enjoy!!

KW

Thanks for a good diabetic receipe. I look forward to making this one!

This looks like a great diabetic recipe since Boston Cream Pie is my favorite cake. While I am not a diabetic, my husband is. But at 60 years young, it helps to eat less sugar. On a twist of the ridiculous proverb, “You CAN have your cake AND eat it, too” with this recipe.
Thank you for this recipe
karenannlevine

You’re very welcomed! Enjoy!

KW

Thanks for the dibetic reciepe…gonna try those cupcakes my husband will love them…

thank you for the recipe I am a diabetic and I will surely try these tomorrow, that is usually my day for cooking sweets.

Thanks Valerie

Thanks for the Diabetic recipe for the cupcakes.
Enjoy your newletter very much. I am retired so have to watch the pennies now.
Keep up the good work Ron.
Sunsh1ne1

Hi! Finally to have diabetic recipes, since I tried to find some recipes that I can eat than regular. Only problem I try to get recipe for cucumber-tomato salad witout onion. I never like onion at all. Can you help me? Thanks! I already print this recipes but not make yet… in soon I will.

Pat Stoner