Dinner And Lunch

DINNER: Chicken Fried Steak - cube steaks dipped in beaten egg, dredged in flour, salt, cracked pepper, finely minced garlic, minced fresh parsley, dipped back into beaten egg and dredged again in flour mixture (to make it crispier!). Fried in olive oil and garlic. Drained; reserve about 3 T. oil in pan; add about 3 T. leftover flour mixture; brown; add about 2 c. water; reduce heat and simmer.

Traditional mashed potates - mashed with butter, milk, salt, pepper, parsley (and leaving some of the lumps in!)

Canned whole kernel corn with butter, salt, pepper.

Sliced roma tomatoes with sliced onions, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt, cracked pepper and basil.

And of course - crusty Italian bread.

NOTE: If you mix the tomatoes and onion salad and let sit on the counter for a while - you will get the best “juices” for dipping your bread in! LOL

LUNCH: Antipasto salad - romaine and iceberg, shredded carrot, shredded red cabbage; sliced celery, cukes, roma tomatoes, diced mozzarella, sliced provolone, diced hard salami, sliced pepperoni, sliced cooked ham, hard-cooked egg slices, marinated artichokes and pepperoncini; drizzled with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, cracked pepper, basil and served with - what else - crusty Italian bread. (I think I need a support group with all the crusty Italian bread I eat!)