Does the Government use the Terror Alert for Political Gain?

I do not believe that Bush is using the terror alerts for political gain. I do believe however that John Kerry is using the issue of the war and terrorism for his political gain. The war is a sore spot with many of us and even though I don’t believe in war, I do believe in our president and I do support him.

I feel really sorry for anybody who believes what John Kerry says. The person who wrote in and said that Kerry changed his mind between the ages of 20 and 60, um, hello, he changes his mind daily! You need to listen to the news more often and really pay attention. The idea that Bush is using the terror alerts for his own political gain have been put out there right now only because it is an election year and the democrats are just trying to bash him.

I don’t remember one complaint from the democrats when the president created those tax credits. Nobody was complaining when they got those refund checks!

I think maybe I am on the fence! On one side, I can see Bush trying to do anything to have 4 more years.
On the other side, if we thumb our nose at the alert and it is a real one…then what?
I want to believe that people follow the “Golden Rule.” BUT… with dire circumstances, I have found out differently!

All I can say at this point is: LET THE VOTER BEWARE!!

I feel bush uses everything to his advantage, thanks to his advisor carl rove, who directs his every move. His politics are geared to the rich people to make them even richer and to help himself look good in return for their money. He is real good at spending everyone elses money!!!
:twisted: I hope everyone sees the movie by Micheal Moore and takes it as a documentary as it is, the truth, a small piece, and make them look further into what is really going on in our Amercia. We know how the governor bush did here in Texas and we are paying dearly for it.

I find it extremely hypocritical of the opposition to the president to accuse
him of playing politics with the security of this great nation. These are
the same critics who accused him of being directly responsible for the attacks of 911 because the intelligence agencies failed to “put all the pieces of the puzzle together”. We have all the pieces of the puzzle now.
They just haven’t come in at the same time. Now who’s playing politics with the nation’s security?

I am so thankful we have Bush for president. I wonder what it would take for some people to realize that we are in a fight for survival? We are fighting people who have vowed to destroy us by any means possible. If we are not strong now, we are done for. We have not lost friends in Europe. The only thing that has changed is that their hatred (envy) is out in the open. I think the president is doing a great job in impossible times. BTW, he is the president of all of us. The votes were counted over and over again and the results were always the same. I did not like Bill Clinton, but he was still my president. I thank President Bush for what he has done and is doing and I am appalled at the lies put out about him and the hatred for him. He is a good and decent man. Also, he has a masters degree for Harvard and is not stupid. I’m on a roll here - the GOP war chest is mostly from small donations, the Democrats is from the rich.

SORRY ANGEL…YOU ARE LIVING IN A BUBBLE. I AM NOT AGAINST ANY NATIONALITY…HOWEVER, HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED HOW MANY BLACKS ARE VOTING FOR THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY IN EACH AND EVERY ELECTION ??? HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE CADILLACS RIDE UP TO A GROCERY STORE…LOAD THEIR BASKETS WITH FOOD STAMPS AND RIDE OFF WITH GOLD CHAINS AROUND THEIR NECKS…I WOULD SOONER SEE EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL…INSTEAD OF PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT TO A MINORITY…SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK !!!
WHY NOT KEEP OUR TAX DOLLARS DEFENDING OUR NATION INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING SO CALLED DEMOCRACY THAT CATERS TO THE LAZY THAT FEEL THAT NON-BLACKS OWE THE BLACKS A LIVING !!!

No, Bush is not using terror alerts for political gain. He has proved to be an outstanding leader and I am thankful he has taken an aggressive stand on terrorism. Taking this kind of stand is not the way to gain votes either! Takes guts to do what he has done by going against what all of us would wish for…world peace. When you slam your President, please remember the men that have sacrificed so you have the freedom to do so!! My son served in Iraq for a year…He was asked by all his Democratic relatives who he thought they should vote for. His response was simple…“There is no choice. Bush, definitely.”

If Bush absolutely does NOT, then why isn’t everything told in the papers? For instance… the total truth about the marine that disappeared and then conveniently just popped up OK? :shock: I may have been born on the weekend, but not LAST weekend!

No. Terrorists are using terror for political gain.

[learn to spell][/quote]

This is a rediculous slander.

No he doesn’t use terror alerts for his own political gain …
IMHO :slight_smile:

I trust Busch fully. I think Kerry is a whimp. Even if he went to Vietnam. I will give him that much. For the other stuff he is a whimp. I feel more secure with Busch.

[/b]

I am definitely NOT a Bush fan, nor am I a Kerry fan. From what I can see, we don’t have much of a choice of candidates running for the U.S. presidency. It is sort of like choosing between the Roadrunner and Goofy to be President of the U.S. I think Bush’s whole agenda in going into the presidency in the first place was to try to finish what “Daddy” didn’t. The U.S. should NOT be in Iraq. I have never in my life seen such waste of the taxpayers’ money as has been spent throughout these past four years. With just the money that has been spent for his constant running all over the nation, for the security provided on the trips, etc., every person in the U.S. could have free health care. He rushed and promised the families of the 9-11 attack millions of dollars… yet they are cutting benefits for our soldiers and their families. I don’t see the families of those killed in a needless war being compensated like that! And look at the billions of dollars promised to the pharmceutical companies following the anthrax scare… I could stay on this soapbox for hours and still not cover half of the atrocities of this leader. It is too bad that Bill Clinton cannot run for President again. I would vote for him in a minute! At least he was working for the average people in the U.S., not just for the rich! The U.S. was finally in the black during Clinton’s rein as president, and now we are further in debt than we have ever been. Bush’s so-called war on terrorism is not that at all… it is a war against the American citizens who can’t afford healthcare, etc… it is getting our servicemen and women killed needlessly… The citizens of the U.S. are NOT safer than before HIS war started; rather, we are more vulnerable to outside attacks because our armed forces are too busy elsewhere defending other nations rather than being here to defend our homeland. As for Bush, he goes somewhere via plane or helicopter just about every day, all at the cost to us, the taxpayers. Many of us cannot afford to put food on our tables, go to the doctor, pay for prescriptions, much less take a vacation. Like I said, I could go on for hours… but it wouldn’t do any good.

I think Bush is an honorable man. There are some things I don’t like but by far and all I would vote for him again. Even Clinton stated on the Letterman show last nite that he did not think that Bush used the info for personal gain. I am sick to death of mud slinging and who can dig the dirtest dirt. You know it was not just America that lost people in the twin towers—there was people from all over the world there.

You also have to know that there are things that the everyday common people don’t know about what is going on that the Pres is privy to.

In MHO Kerry’s wife is going to be his undoing. She is a snake in the grass waiting to pounce. And the people of America had better watch who is running the white house if Kerry gets in. Glitz

These discussions are so pointless because everyone comes in with their own views and reading the other side on this site isn’t really going to do anything but get everyone fired up. I like a good debate as much as the next person, but I get very angry when these sarcastic, nasty comments go around. It really isn’t necessary to call someone and idiot because they don’t agree with you and it doesn’t help your cause. If you are trying to make an informed, intelligent point, try sounding like an educated adult. We can all call each other names, but what good will that do?

PS - It’s Bush. Busch is a beer. Bush is a President.

No he is not using the alert for politcal gain.If the alert wasn’t on & diaster struck, it would hit the fan. Isn’t it always better to be safe than sorry? :x

I can’t believe anyone would so easily forget the WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY Bill Clinton!!! There were many times I didn’t even want my children to listen to the daily news about our President of the United States. He was totally an embarrasment to our nation. So immoral, so de-grading to this great country and not worthy of even have held the title!! At least our current President takes a stand on the family issues that really matter to the foundation this country was built on, and doesn’t waiver from them. Who do you say is the blame for all the deaths in previous wars that helped secure the freedom of this nation? AND HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN 9-11-01?

I believe the terror alerts do at least two things: one is to alert us as Americans to be on the lookout for suspious activity and help the authorities to avert another disaster; two, it lets the scum who want to hurt us know that their cover is blown and it is back to the drawing board for them.
Whether the President uses this for his advantage I don’t believe any of us will know for certain, but I would not like to think that is the case. I really dislike politics because it seems to brings out the worst in people not the best. Some get the idea all is fair in politics and do not care who gets hurt. Poor morals I believe.

:arrow: :cry: :oops: :o :frowning: :stuck_out_tongue: