Doing something special with butter

I was shocked at how easy this flowr butter is to make. Really adds to a table. I did this one last month and although some of my nephews were a little leary of trying it, the rest of my family loved it.

Summer Flower Butter

Ingredients:

1 stick (1/2 cup of 120ml) unsalted butter at room temperature
¼ cup (60ml) of assorted edible whole-flower petals*
Finely chopped fresh herbs

Some edible flowers include: Violas, Calendula, Carnations, Daylilies, Fuchsia, Lavender, Petunia and many others*

Instructions:

Assemble your ingredients

Give the flower petals a few quick slices into small ribbons. The herbs can be chopped more finely. In a small bowl, beat the butter with a fork until soft. Gently fold in the petals and chopped herbs until well blended.

Transfer the butter mixture to a rectangular sheet of waxed paper. Form a cylindrical shape about 5 inches (12 cm) long and 4 inches (10 cm) from the sides. Fold the waxed paper just over the butter.

Carefully spread the butter into a cylindrical shape. Gently roll up the butter, molding the shape as you go. Tightly twist the ends closed, being careful not to disturb the form. Chill until firm enough to slice; usually only 15 minutes in the freezer should suffice.

Simply slice the flower butter into discs and arrange them on a plate with one or two blossoms. If the weather is warm, you may want to place them directly onto a bowl of crushed ice.