Double Potato Mash
This is a make ahead casserole. Cook and mash potatoes in advance and combine the topping ingredients. Bake within 30-35 minutes of mealtime.
- 1 orange
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 pound russet potatoes,cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup 1% or fat free milk
- 2 Tbsp. maple-flavored syrup
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Grate or zest orange rind. Squeeze orange and measure 1/4 cup orange juice. Melt 2 tablespoons butter. Mash potatoes until slightly chunky. Add orange rind,1/4 cup juice,butter,milk,syrup and cinnamon. Spoon into 9-inch baking dish that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Tightly cover dish with foil and bake in a preheated 375-degree F. oven for 25-30 minutes or until heated throughout. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon butter with hazelnuts and golden raisins. Remove foil and sprinkle with nut topping.Bake an additional 5 minutes.