drinks

So in eight pages of recipies there isnt a single recipie for any drinks of anykind, does anyone want to share some of their favorites?

Just let me know what kind of drinks your interested in, I have a drink book recipe guide! :smiley:

what are some good holiday drinks, or do you know of any greek style drinks? I want to throw a toga/greek party and a multi-national holiday party. I made this for thanksgiving and it went over really well

1 gal apple cider
1.5c maple syrup
butter
nutmeg
allspice
heat cider over medium heat stiring in maple syrup, in a seperate bowl mix nutmeg, allspice and butter.
serve hot and top with the spiced butter.
I think it tastes just like a carmel apple.
any other ideas?

How much butter, nutmeg and allspice did you use???javascript:emoticon(’:roll:’)
Rolling Eyes

i am interested in cocktails

The Terminator

3/4 ounce vodka
3/4 ounce white rum
3/4 ounce gin
3/4 ounce Grand Marnier
3/4 ounce Kahlua liqueur
2 ounces sweet and sour mix
1 ounce cranberry juice
splash of beer

1. Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice.
  2. Mix all ingredients, except beer, in a shaker and shake well.
  3. Pour over ice.
  4. Pour a splash of beer over the top, garnish with an orange wedge and serve with a straw.

Makes 1 drink.

here ya go…

Chili’s® Calypso Cooler®

Ever order one of those expensive specialty drinks off the shiny, full-color restaurant table-stand cards and wish you had a clone recipe? This is one of those drinks, off of one of those cards. And here’s the clone recipe.

1 1/4 ounces Captain Morgan spiced rum
1/2 ounce peach schnapps
4 ounces (1/2 cup) orange juice
splash Rose’s lime juice
1/2 ounce grenadine

Garnish
orange wedge
maraschino cherry

1. Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice.
  2. Pour all ingredients over ice in the order listed. Don’t stir.
  3. Garnish with an orange wedge and a cherry on a toothpick. Serve with a straw. Makes 1 drink.

Jacquin’s® Peppermint Schnapps Liqueur

DiSaronno® Amaretto

The story behind this one is that for several months artist Bernardino Luini worked closely with a model to help him paint a fresco of the Madonna in Saronno, Italy. As the months passed the girl, whose name has since been forgotten, fell in love with Bernardino. To show her feelings for him, the girl gave Bernardino a gift of sweet almond-flavored liqueur she made from the trees growing in her garden. The year was 1525, and that bottle is said to have been the first DiSaronno Amaretto. The recipe was passed down through the ages, until late in the eighteenth century when the liqueur went into commercial production.
Reenact the legend by giving someone a bottle of your own version of the famous liqueur, (whether they paint you on a wall or not) with this much improved version of the recipe.

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup very hot water
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 cups 80-proof vodka
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Combine the hot water with the sugars in a medium glass pitcher or bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add corn syrup and stir well.
  2. Add vodka and flavorings and stir. Store in a sealed container. 8)
    Makes 3 cups.

Chili’s®
Signature Drinks

To ring in the new year it seems appropriate that we improve these clones of fabulous cocktails from one of America’s most popular restaurant chains. Here we have a couple cool cocktails from Chili’s Grill and Bar. The Twisted Lemonade is a simple, thirst-quenching blend of citrus-flavored vodka, triple sec and sweet & sour mix. The Margarita Presidente is a much fancier and more expensive designer libation made from Sauza Conmemoritivo, Cointreau, and Presidente Brandy. It’s served up in a salt-rimmed martini glass, and will surely become a favorite drink for your year-end festivities at a fraction of the cost of the real deal.

Twisted Lemonade
1 1/4 ounces Smirnoff Citrus Twist vodka
1/2 ounce triple sec
1/3 cup sweet & sour mix
lemon wedge

1. Fill a 14-ounce glass with ice. Add vodka and triple sec.
  2. Top off the drink with sweet & sour mix
  3. Add a lemon wedge garnish and serve with a straw.
    Makes 1 drink.

Tidbits
You can also add a splash of cranberry juice to make this a pink lemonade twist.

Margarita Presidente
1 1/4 ounces Sauza Conmemoritivo tequila anejo
1/2 ounce Cointreau liqueur
1/2 ounce Presidente brandy
4 ounces (1/2 cup) sweet & sour mix
splash Rose’s lime juice

1. Combine all ingredients in a shaker with crushed ice. Shake
  2. Pour drink into a martini glass rimmed with salt. Add a lime wedge and serve with the remainder of the drink in the shaker on the side.
    Serves 1.

I lost my recipe for the Rio Grande Restaurant Magarita’s.

Please help. :cry:

I know it has:

Tequila
Triple Sec
Apple Juice
Rose’s Lime juice
water
corn syrup

I forgot the ratio’s

this is what I got from another website, hope it helps.

Ingredients:
2 oz tequila
1 oz. triple sec
2 oz. fresh lime juice
1/4 C. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. frozensweetened strawberries
1 C. ice

Preparation:
Place all in a mixer, and blend until smooth.

OH…And you can never forget OUZO for a Greek Party!!! :wink:

Shots of it alone, or here’s one idea for a drink…it comes from Korfu, Greece!!!

60 ml Ouzo
Pineapple or Orange Juice, to fill glass
Few drops of Grenadine

Use a Highball Glass for this one!!!

If you feel sassy…try mixing the Pineapple and Orange Juices! :stuck_out_tongue:

awsome, thanks faerie girl, I am gonna try some of those

I’ve had that site for some time, you can find just about any drink on that site…Love it!!!

Thank you

I’m looking for Applebee’s Perfect Margarita drink recipe. HELP!!

I also bought the books just for this recipe and have not yet found it. Can someone HELP!!–NEED margarita!!