dry aged roast

dry aging a 14 lb bone-in rib roast (USDA Choice). Fridge is set to proper temperature (38 degrees). Roast is wrapped with 1 layer of cheese cloth changed each day. Roast is situated on rack over sheet pan. After three days, there have not appeared any drippings in the pan. Roast looks fine. Am I doing anything wrong? I figured that drippings would have appeared by now.

I long ago knew some about aging beef. I’d worked as a meat-cutter for a company that aged beefs. Never really was taught much about it though. I do know that back in the 1940 & 50’s, most all refridgerators came with meat trays, located just under the freezer. It’s purpose was for aging beef. I also know that the meat is kept nearly frozen, 34F, so it didn’t spoil. Never thought it was a good thing for the meats to release moisture, so I wouldn’t think ‘drippings’ is a good thing.
Yet, I gotta admit, I never heard of a cheese cloth covering. I know commercially, the meats were air-sealed in heavy plastic wraps. But I’m not an expert on it, so perhaps its the right way, don’t know…
Funny how aging beef was once the homemakers main stay. Beef was a much different product back them, and quite tough if it wasn’t aged.