Duncan Hines Cake Mixes
Duncan Hines Classic Moist Yellow or White Cake Mix and Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
Tired of preservatives, chemicals, additives and rising prices? Here’s the list of ingredients - Sugar, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil Shortening (Palm Oil And/Or Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil) Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate Monohydrate), Wheat Starch. Contains 2% Or Less Of: Salt, Propylene Glycol Mono- And Diesters Of Fats And Fatty Acids, Mono- And Diglycerides, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Dextrose, Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 40 Lake.
And for their Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Cake Mix the ingredients are - Sugar, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil Shortening (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Propylene Glycol Mono- And Diesters Of Fats, Mono- And Diglycerides), Cocoa Powder Processed With Alkali, Dextrose, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate). Contains 2% Or Less Of: Wheat Starch, Salt, Polyglycerol Esters Of Fatty Acids, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum.
Sound like you want to feed this to your family?
You can now make your own cake mix which will taste so good your family will want more.
Duncan Hines Classic Moist Yellow or White Cake Mix
• 3 cups cake flour
2 cups baker’s sugar (superfine sugar)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup shortening
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons imitation butter flavoring
10 drops yellow food coloring
To make the cake
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
In large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In separate bowl, combine the shortening, vanilla, butter flavoring, and food coloring with an electric mixer. Spoon shortening mixture into the dry ingredients and beat well with the electric mixer on medium speed. Mix until no chunks of shortening are visible. The mixture should resemble cornmeal. This cake mix will keep in a sealed container for several months until you are ready to make the cake.
To bake the cake – preheat oven to 350; grease and flour pan(s).
Combine dry cake mix with water, oil and eggs in large bowl. Beat on low until moistened; increase speed to high for 2 minutes.
Bake 13 X 9 for 35 – to 38 minutes; 9-inch rounds for 30 – 33 minutes or cupcakes for 18 – 22 minutes.
For white cake mix – use 3 large egg whites.
Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
• 3⁄4-1 cup cocoa
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
• To make cake
• 1 1⁄3 cups water
• 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
• 3 large eggs
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Now stir to combine. Add shortening, using electric mixer on medium speed to blend the shortening into the dry ingredients. Completely mix shortening until you can’t see any chunks. This is the mix which may be kept in a sealed container for several months.
- To make the cake:.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Grease sides and bottoms of two 9" baking pans, or one 9x13" pan. Lightly flour the greased pans. Blend the dry cake mix(above) with water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl with the mixer at low speed until just moistened. Kick up the speed to medium and mix about 2 more minutes.
- Pour batter into pans and bake 30-33 minutes for the 9" pans and 35-38 minutes for the 9x13" pan. If you wish to make cupcakes, bake for 19-22 minutes.