Dutch apple pie

What is the difference between a Dutch apple pie and just a regular apple pie? I’ve looked at lots of recipes and can’t really see any difference between the two. There are small diffs as with any group of recipes, but nothing that says this one is Dutch and this one isn’t. Please help.

Dutch apple pie has a crumb crust on top with icing drizzled over it rather than a top crust.

thanks

You are welcome. Glad to help.

Dutch apple pie recipes are distinct in that they typically call for flavourings such as cinnamon and lemon juice to be added. Dutch apple pies are usually decorated in a lattice style. Dutch apple pies may include ingredients such as raisins and icing, in addition to ingredients such as apples and sugar, which they have in common with other pie
The basis of Dutch apple pie is a crust on the bottom and around the edges.

I don’t like to disagree with you, but any apple pie I have ever made has had cinnamon and lemon in it, many times raisins too. The lattice crust does not make a pie a Dutch apple pie.

I realize you got your information from Wikipedia, but you can’t believe everything you read on Wikipedia. When you Google DUTCH APPLE PIE scroll down and read some of the recipes.

This Dutch Apple Pie recipe is a wonderful change from standard two crust apple pies.

Topped with a cinnamon brown sugar streusel topping, it adds extra flavor to the rich, juicy apple filling.