EASY EASY EASY AND FAST!!

Garlic/Oil Sauce
Makes 1 cup

When there is no time to cook, I resort to this delicious sauce for spaghetti or linguine. Ingredients are always on hand making this a dish that can be easily prepared in less than 10 minutes, just enough time to boil the pasta. Remember to cook the garlic slowly in it so it does not brown.

2/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/3 cup minced fresh Italian parsley leaves
12 ounces spaghetti or linguine
Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino cheese (optional)

Heat the olive oil slowly in a sauté pan over low heat and when it begins to shimmer, add the garlic and cook gently until it becomes soft but not brown, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, stir in the salt and parsley, and cover the pan.

Cook the pasta as directed and drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water. Add the water to the garlic and oil and stir to blend. Quickly mix in the cooked pasta. Transfer the pasta to a platter or bowl and serve immediately with a sprinkling of cheese if desired.

I always have “fresh” parsley on hand when I need it. I buy several bunches at a time, wash and dry, remove the leaves from the stems and throw away. Then I wrap the parsley in paper towels, place in airtight sandwich bags, and freeze. I can use as much as I want and return the rest to the freezer. No wilted or browned leaves that need to be discarded as with parsley stored in the refrigerator.