Easy Pork Parmigiana

EASY PORK PARMIGIANA

1 each large egg
1 tablespoon water

2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan – I prefer one of my Italian cheese blends of Asiagg, Fontinella and Fontina
1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs or make your own using dry bread crumbs and marjoram, basil, oregano

8 ounces pork tenderloin – sliced 1-1/4-inch-thick

2 tablespoons vegetable olive oil

1 cup favorite spaghetti sauce - although in my house we usually use at least a qt. of homemade sauce – we enjoy pasta with this – but keeping homemade sauce canned in the pantry makes this so easy and so good!

2 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese – I prefer one of my Italian cheese blends of Asiago, Fontinella and Fontina

Combine egg and water; set aside. Combine Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs; set aside. Place each piece of pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dip pork in egg mixture and dredge in crumb mixture. Cook pork slices in oil in a large skillet over medium heat just until browned, turning once. Arrange pork in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; top with spaghetti sauce. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes; top with Mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 additional minutes. Yield: 4 servings.

We prefer to have homemade pasta with this - especially “rags”! A nice green salad and crusty Italian bread completes this for us.