It’s time for Father’s Day again! Time to show our dads how much we appreciate them and care, and what says that better than a nice cocktail! Here are some great recipes to serve up that your dad will be sure to love.
Happy Father’s Day and enjoy!
Mata Hari Lime Cooler
1 ½ oz. Absinthe Mata Hari
1 oz. Hiram Walker Triple Sec
3 oz. fresh sour mix
Soda water (to top)
Combine the first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake thoroughly and strain into an iced Collins glass. Top with soda water and garnish with a lime slice.
The Happy Dad
1 ½ oz Oval Vodka
¾ oz Cointreau
1 oz Campari
orange twist for garnish
Shake first three ingredients with ice in a shaker. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with orange twist.
1+1/3 cup (150 g) all-purpose flour
1+½ cup (330 g) sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup (170 g) butter
3 fl oz (0.9 dl) boiling water
4 oz (120 g) chocolate chips (40-50% cocoa)
5 oz (150 g) chopped walnuts or pecan nuts
1/3 cup (75 g) butter
8 oz (220 g) sweet or semisweet dark chocolate
2 tablespoon light corn syrup
2 tablespoon hot espresso or very strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
- Line a 13 x 9 in (33 x 23 cm) cake tin with grease proof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, melted butter and hot water and mix until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Cool the cake. Glace with the chocolate frosting.
- For the frosting, mix butter, chopped chocolate, syrup and coffee and heat in a double boiler until melted. Stir until smooth and spread over the cake.
This is what i prepare last father’s day.