FIESTA DIP

FIESTA DIP

1 pkg. (1 oz.) Lawry’s Taco Spices & Seasonings
2 c. sour cream
Tortilla chips and assorted crisp vegetables

In medium bowl, combine sour cream and seasoning mix; mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips and crisp veggies.

VARIATION: Also makes a great spread on flour tortillas when making wraps. Simply spread over surface of tortilla, add fillings and roll up.

Kitchen Witch, you know so much, I envy you, is it possible to tell me how they make those sandwich wrap rolls they sell sometimes in the deli, or have at parties. There must be some rule about where you put the items on the tortilla before you roll and slice. Would appreciate your info. Thanks, and thanks for all the neat recipes you give. Just had some at a get together and forgot to ask who made them and how, but they were flour tortillas and filled with a white cream cheese with chives I believe, a little ham, blk olives I think chopped small, but am wondering if they spread the ingred. all over?

indiana anna -

Thank you very much for the kind words. Please do not envy me. It is my passion to learn and keeping an open mind has helped me. I don’t feel that I know enough - I am always looking to learn more. Each day I try to learn something else and I study different ways of preparing dishes and I love to tweak things my way and also I love to experiment and come up with new things. My enjoyment of reading/writing cookbooks is like an obsession with me. Each day I hope to know more than I did the day before - it’s so very interesting to me. My mind is constantly working in that department!

As far as any “rules” for the rolls you are talking about - it’s really a no-brainer and don’t let it scare you. With a little practice you will be a wiz at it in no time!

Anything can be used as a filling! Anything you want to use - you can use! As long as it is edible - use it! That’s the way I see it! Anything goes!

And as far as “wrappers” go - you can use flour tortillas, sliced breads with crusts removed and rolled with a rolling pin to flatten, puff pastry, phyllo dough, refrigerated crescent rolls, refrigerated pizza dough, refrigerated pie dough, and you can be very adventurous and make any kind of homemade dough (bread, biscuit, pie, macaroni - the list is endless!!) and roll and fill the way you want.

Fillings can be “spread” on and then rolled or like a chimichanga (for instance), form the filliing into a log-type shape,place in the middle of the wrapper and then roll.

Let me know what you have created! I am very interested!

Kitchen Witch